Apulia-HISTORY-The "tower", located to the North of the town of Martina Franca on the path of the ancient city wall, represents an important testimony of the Angevin era fortified architecture and is declared by the Ministero dei Beni Culturali e Ambientali "property of historical and artistic interest" within the meaning of law No 1 June 1939 No. 1089. Incorporated the Tower, a building of evident testimony of architecture between 700 and 800 developed next to the city ring road system Angevin concentric. The tower was built by Philip I d'Anjou, Prince of Taranto, who in 1310 decided to delimit with fortifications the "land" at the heart of his fiefdom halfway between Taranto and monopolies, which was supposed to be a rock in paramount strategic dislocation. The causes were determined by the precarious situation of the Kingdom, after the "war of the Vespers" ended in 1302, and the threat of invasion by Henry VII of Luxembourg. Therefore, Martina Franca was not planned as a town, but was fortified and walled by twenty-four round and square towers, partly destroyed. Currently, the Defense clearly detectable towers around the perimeter of the ancient city are: to the North the Torre delle Seti; To the East the Angelucco Tower; To the South, the Tower of St. Peter; West towers of St. Nicholas and St. Nicholas Mills. The building FEATURES-the tower overlooking the Itria Valley, is, like all circular, and characterized by lower slightly obliquely that "shoe", from toro, a little hanging cord, the stem that is everything the body height of the tower and Corbels, the top decoration, for a height of about mt. 10.00 from street level. Also presents to the Northwest a little balcony with simple shelves, late 19th century surgery. The building is developed on three levels: ground floor, composed by n. 4 bedrooms and two bathrooms, a vaulted room, two rooms with a star and the fourth with newly built slab; -First floor, composed by n. 4 bedrooms and a bathroom, three bedrooms with a star, with a newly constructed loft and bathroom housed under barrel vault "with lunettes". -Second floor, composed of a room (wardrobe) with bathroom newly built structure. Rising again of four lift leads to the balcony and other eighteenth-century period room used as a bucataio; continuing the ascent of six raised leads to another terrace from which you can admire in the near the Basilica del Carmine and the Itria Valley, old town and catch a glimpse of the Basilica di s. Martino. Noteworthy is the prospect of the North with a Baroque balcony with stone shelves jutting and sculpted with small decorations. The building, finely restored according to the best restoration techniques and under supervision of the Superintendency of cultural heritage of Puglia, has water system with water reserve of 2,500 .00 q.li of water, electrical installation in accordance with the applicable law, heating gas, video surveillance system. The floor in polished Trani stone. Lime plastered walls smooth type "martinese".