APULIA-POGGIORSINI-Among the green hills of the Murgia, an authentic rural monument, an ideal place for a holiday Agriturismo Il Cardinal which is housed in an old farmhouse dating back to 1197, where already at the time the pilgrims found a refuge with their horses and could eat and rest. The Farm offers accommodation in 10 double suites, 2-4 beds, each consisting of entrance-living room with 2 sofa beds, mini-bar, air conditioning, bathroom and a mezzanine with double bed; and 5 apartments each with entrance-living room, a three bedded room, one twin bedded room, a bathroom and two of them with a kitchen. It also offers the opportunity to spend a relaxing stay, contact with nature and fun with billiards, tennis court and outdoor pool. The Cardinal also has a riding school for riding, a lake for fishing and a cross-country field. The Cardinal still has a private chapel, where masses are on request. Piece of history: the imposing building complex of the Masseria "Il Cardinale" is known since 1197. In an ancient written a post station, "Capoposta" (old name of "cardinal") where the pilgrims going to the Holy land during the crusade, so as not to cross the Via Appia (which today brings in Spinazzola), along which you paid duties, ran the "tratturo of Beggars" (adjacent to the farmhouse), stopping to refuel tenement, sleep and change horses. Ù subsequent news about "The Cardinal", date back to the 15th century, when the estate was formerly part of the fief of the Orsini, they laid the large livestock Center. The Orsini family is, starting from the 10th century, one of the major families of Italy. Orsini was an illustrious House for power and wealth, for the bonds of close relationship with the Empire and other Royal houses of Europe, for giving to the Church, popes, Cardinals, Saints, Senators, Gonfalonieri, arms and men. The branch of the Dukes of Gravina was born at the beginning of 1400 and when in 1657, Pier Francesco Orsini becomes the 12th Duke of Gravina, Prince shall enter into possession, among other things, the farmhouse, today called "The Cardinal", in the countryside of Poggiorsini, he being count of Gravina and master of fiefs including those of Conversano, Terlizzi and Spinazzola. The name "Cardinal" is due to the fact that he became the first Cardinal and then was elected Pope of the Catholic Church from 1724 until his death, he belonged to the order of Dominicans and in 1931 was declared servant of God.